I am not in the mood for writing anything today. That is why I will be short. The recipe I have chosen is a very tasty and fragrant one. It is that good that you will empty your plate at once. I bet on that. So let’s eat some
Tortellini with mushroom cream sauce
Time 18 min
- 185 g (6 oz) small mushrooms
- 1 small lemon
- 60 g (2 oz) butter ( you know already, 80-82 % fat)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300 ml (9 1/2 fl oz) cream
- black pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 500 g (1 lb ) cooked tortellini, drained and kept warm
- Slice the whole mushrooms finely. Grate the lemon rind finely. Melt the butter in a medium-sized pan and cook the mushrooms over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic, cream, lemon rind, freshly ground black pepper and nutmeg. Stir over low heat for 1-2 minutes. Stir through the grated Parmesan cheese and cook gently for 3 minutes further.
- Place the cooked tortellini in a warm serving dish. Add the sauce and stir gently to combine well. Serve immediately.
This dish is perfect, easy and sooo delicious. I picked it up from the cookbook “Confident Cooking – Classic Essential Pasta”, 1996. In case you have it, don’t look here!😉