My yesterday post in Romanian was titled “Sweet about you” so it is time to show me some respect. Joking. The relationship between the title and the post is that is describes a dessert. A very sweet one, and easy to make and fragrant. My inspiration was Vatcharin Bhumichitr’s book “Vatch’s Thai Cookbook”, 1994. I liked it from the beginning and I was happy to discover something that I hadn’t tried before.
You don’t need much but bananas and coconut milk. Anyone can do it. But remember, share it with someone.
Bananas in coconut milk
Kluay Bua Chee
- 360 ml (1 1/2 cups, 12 fl oz) coconut milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 long bananas, peeled, cut in half lengthways and then quartered crossways, to make 16 pieces in all
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk and add the sugar and salt. Bring to the boil, stirring until dissolved. Add the banana pieces. Return to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave for a few moments, then serve warm.
- You can reheat this or serve any leftovers cold from the refrigerator.
PS: It smells like heaven and tastes wonderfully. You will love it.
;)) Surprise, surprise! Multumesc frumos, Marius. Si inca nu ai auzit tot.;) Urmeaza, candva. 🙂
ha… mai ce fain canti…