Happy New Year, my dear readers! Be happy, healthy, enjoy exquisite food with the loved one and be good to each other this year and always! Today I thought of a delicious meal that hopefully will make your belly sing. I found it in Delicious Meals Made Easy, 1996 and I tried it one day, years and years ago. It is a mix sweet and hot and made me think…hmm…now that is another use of honey ;). Because we all know, honey is very good on skin, in tea, usually for sweet things and food.
Here is the recipe of
Honey-Grilled Pork Chops
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 16 – 20 minutes
- 225 (8 oz) can pineapple rings in fruit juice (unsweetened juice rather than syrup, because it is lower in calories and sugar)
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper
- 4 lean loin pork chops, about 100 g (4 oz) each
- spring onions to garnish
- Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice. In a bowl, mix the juice with honey, sherry, mustard, chilli powder, salt and pepper. Reserve 2 tablespoons.
- Put pork chops and pineapple in a shallow dish. Pour over marinade. Cover and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Remove pork chops and pineapple from the marinade. Discard the marinade.
- Put chops on a grill rack and brush with reserved marinade. Cook under grill for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until cooked and tender. Grill pineapple for the last 5 minutes of cooking time, turning it once.
- Arrange the pork chops and pineapple slices on a large serving plate, garnished with spring onions.