Have you got 10 minutes? Do you like vegetarian dishes? Do you like couscous? Dried fruit? Do you like to have a healthy diet? Are you tired of cooking? Is it so hot outside that drains you out with cooking? If you answer is ‘yes’ to at least 3 of these questions, then read this recipe and why not eat it fresh, as it is best that way. My inspiration for this is the cookbook ‘Quick Meals in Minutes’, 2001.
Fruit and Almond Couscous
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups (400 g) couscous
- 2 cups (500 ml) boiling chicken stock
- 40 g butter
- 1/4 cup (35 g) dried currants
- 1/4 cup (35 g) dried apricots, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup (35 g) slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Place couscous in medium heatproof bowl; add boiling stock and butter.
- Toss couscous gently, using a fork, until liquid is absorbed.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix gently. Serve it fresh as it is or as a side dish with spiced wings if you like.