I will be quick today. I have to go somewhere and I don’t have much time for stories. I just want to tell you that this is a very easy and quick dessert, loved by everyone and the source of it is a card named ‘Delicious Meals Made Easy’ from London, in the time when London found out that it would host the Summmer Olympic Games.
Preparation: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 284 ml (10 fl oz) pot of double cream
- 275 g (10 oz) natural yogurt
- 450 g (1 lb) fresh raspberries (or frozen ones, defrosted, but I don’t recommend)
- 100 g (4 oz) plain chocolate mini flakes, lightly crushed
- 4 mint sprigs to decorate
- In a bowl, mix together orange juice, ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside. Whip cream in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Stir in yogurt and orange juice mixture.
- Put three-quarters of the raspberries in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Using a spoon, press the purée through a fine sieve into a bowl. Discard seeds.
- Divide half the cream mixture between 4 dessert dishes. Pour half raspberry purée over the mixture in the dishes. Gently swirl through the 2 mixtures to create a marbled effect. Sprinkle over half the chocolate flakes.
- Top with the remaining cream mixture, raspberry purée and chocolate flakes. Put remaining whole raspberries on top. Decorate with mint sprigs and serve at once.