For some days I’ve felt the need of something sweet. Probably to compensate me, as I am bitter and sour, more like a lemon. Don’t squeeze me, as I am not in the mood. Running away is how I feel. I am in desperate need of a vacation. I am sooooo tired. I can’t wait for this one that comes with the 1st of May and for the longer one that comes with the 1st of July. I want to forget about everything and just relax. And I want to be alone, to recharge. Somewhere, over the rainbow. I remember a holiday I had in Bilbor, a beautiful village in the mountains, near Toplita town. I went there alone, to stay at a friend and I remember taking a small blanket and a book with me and lying down on a secluded clearing and falling asleep. Now, that’s a perfect holiday: sleeping in the nature.
The next perfect thing is to enjoy a delicious meal or desert. For a hot summer day, I recommend a fruit salad. No cooking, no sweating, no exiling yourself for hours in the kitchen and miss a beautiful sunny day. Just a quick and refreshing bowl of fruits with cream. You need 15 minutes of your life. Is it too much? I think not. If you want more quick recipes, get your inspirations, as I got mine for this recipe and more, from Carolyn Humphries’ “Simply Stylish Meals in 15 Minutes”.
Preparation time: 5 minutes plus chilling time
Cooking time: about 3 minutes
- 225 g (8 oz) strawberries, sliced or raspberries (or peaches, plums or nectarines, sliced and pitted)
- 150 ml (1/4 pt, 2/3 cup) double cream
- 150 ml (1/4 pt, 2/3 cup) thick plain yoghurt
- light brown sugar
- Arrange the fruit in a shallow flameproof dish.
- Whip together the cream and yoghurt until soflty peaking. Spread over the fruit. Chill, if time allows.
- Sprinkle liberally with sugar so it covers the top completely.
- Place under a very hot grill (broiler) until the sugar melts. Serve straight away.