Happy Easter to all Cristian Orthodox and less Orthodox! It is a time for forgiveness and peace in our hearts and minds. They go together always. Otherwise, the mind will drive you insane, and will make you unhappy. Trust our heart and go with it. I asked my heart what shall I do? It answered back to return to the state I was some years ago and it felt happy suddenly. But the my mind turns me around and gives me trouble. If I can’t find peace for a while then I must go through this and I accept and pray for peace in my heart and mind. Where are you, peace? Please, please, come back to me. Talking to myself sometimes helps and I even manage to make myself laugh. ; )) Just imagine me talking aloud or in my mind makes me smile. I remember a pic I found on the internet some time ago. It describes perfectly the state I am in: C’mon inner peace, I don’t have all day… God, I am so restless… In fact I have all day as this is a unique process for every person. 🙂
It helps if I do something I enjoy so I thought of writing on my blog and whinge a bit. I am soo good… I kiss myself… I make myself smile and laugh even. Thanks myself. xxxxxxxxx
And now back to writing a delicious recipe for hot days. I can not say summer days as hot days start in April now or even March. This weather! If you don’t want to stay in the kitchen but still want to eat something good why not try this Mediterranean Chicken Parcels recipe? The source is “Cookshelf Chicken” by Tom Bridge, 2000. I recommend it for your kitchen, and you can find it here, too. And of course I made it once upon a time…and eat it too.
Mediterranean Chicken Parcels
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 250 g (9 oz/ 2 cups) Mozzarella cheese
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz/ 3 1/2 cups) courgettes (zucchini), sliced
- 6 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh basil or oregano
- rice or pasta to serve
- Cut 6 pieces of foil each about 25 cm (10 inches) square. Brush the foil square lightly with oil and set aside until required.
- With a sharp knife, slash each chicken breast at intervals, then slice the Mozzarella cheese and place between the cuts in the chicken.
- Divide the courgettes and tomatoes between the pieces of foil and sprinkle with black pepper. Tear or roughly chop the basil or oregano and scatter over the vegetables in each parcel.
- Place the chicken on top of each pile of vegetables then wrap in the foil to enclose the chicken and vegetables, tucking in the ends. To aid cooking, place everything on the shiny side of the foil so that once the parcel is wrapped up, the dull surface of the foil is facing outwards. This ensures that the heat is absorbed into the parcel and not reflected away from it.
- Place on a baking tray (cookie sheet) and bake in a preheated oven, 200 °C/ 400˚F, Gas Mark 6, for about 30 minutes.
- To serve, unwrap each foil parcel and serve with rice or pasta.