As you are already accustomed, here it is the original recipe that was translated before in Romanian. It is from a book called “Cooking for Two” , 1996 and writen by two chefs, Richard Olney and Simon Wheeler. I followed it years ago and I liked it. Simple. Now here it is.
Risoni and Wild Rice Salad
Serves 2 of course
- 1/4 cup risoni (a form of short-cut pasta, shaped like a large grain of rice)
- 1/4 cup wild rice (you can replace it with other rice but remember the boiling time too)
- 2 tsp oil
- 4 green shallots, chopped (spring onions)
- 3 tsp chopped fresh lemon grass
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp fish sauce
- 30 g butter
- Add risoni to a pan of boiling water, boil, uncovered, until tender; drain. Add rice to a pan of boiling water, boil, uncovered, about 40 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Heat oil in pan, add shallots and lemon grass, cook, stirring, until shallots are soft. Add risoni, rice, juice and sauce, stir until heated through; transfer to serving dish.
- Add butter to same pan, cook until butter is lightly browned, pour over nice mixture; mix gently.
Enjoy your meal!
- Risoni and rice can be cooked a day ahead.
- Storage: Covered, in refrigerator.
- Freeze: Not suitable.
- Microwave: Risoni and rice suitable.
Ps: writing this it felt like a broken English to me today. I don’t know why. I may be tired but I do not realize I am. 🙂