Today, I am going to write about a simple yet stylish recipe, that is just right for a hot summer day. So keep it in mind when is hot outside. I got this from a book I keep mentioning here, “Good Housekeeping Cookery Book” – 1985. All you need is love, pasta, prawn and apples. You can find these in your heart, on the shelves of a supermarket and for the first thing you don’t need money. For the rest, well, you can always ask a friend or your neighbour or your mum. So, you need very little. 😉 Ready, steady, cook
Pasta, Prawn and Apple Salad
- 175 g (6 oz) pasta shells
- 150 ml (1/2 pint) unsweetened apple juice
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped fresh mint
- 5 ml (1 tsp) white wine vinegar (you can use fresh lemon juice instead)
- 225 g (8 oz) peeled prawns
- 2 crisp dessert apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- lettuce leaves
- paprika, to garnish
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 6-12 minutes until tender or according to the instructions. Drain well, rinse in cold running water and drain again.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Whisk together the apple juice, mint, vinegar and seasoning.
- Dry the prawns with absorbent kitchen paper. Quarter, core and roughly chop the apples. Stir the prawns, apple and cooked pasta into the dressing until well mixed. Cover tightly with cling film (or aluminium foil or just a lid for ecological purposes) and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Wash the lettuce leaves, dry and shred finely. Arrange the lettuce in a bowl and spoon the prawn salad on top. Sprinkle with paprika. Now, share the bowl and enjoy the food. x