Yes, sometimes I go bananas. For different and crazy reasons. But then I would not feel I am alive. Staying alive is another reason. So I’d rather go bananas. ; )) As I have a bit of time now I remembered I haven’t written on my beautiful, lovely blog for a while. When I think that all started 3 years ago, in 2010, I always wonder how the time has passed. The time passes, how this happens depends only on us. All in all, it has been wonderful though and here I am writing again another recipe I’ve done years and years ago. As you probably have guessed (because the clue is in the title, you cheeky monkey, me cheeky monkey 😉 ) today we will eat some bananas. As I am a civilized monkey 😛 I will use the fire. Do you know how to make fire? Well, wait for the rain and lightning. There you go, you have fire now. Be careful not to set yourself on fire because then we will have a flambé human being. God forbidden! I have a weird sense of humour today, indulge me and have some fun. I keep forgetting: the recipe is from “Good Housekeeping Cookery Book”, 1985.
- 25 g (1 oz) butter
- grated rind and juice of 1 large orange
- 2,5 ml (1,2 level tsp) ground cinnamon
- 4 large bananas, peeled
- 50 g (2 oz) Demerara sugar (or just plain sugar if you don’t have Demerara)
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) dark rum
- orange shreds and slices, to decorate
- cream or vanilla ice cream to serve (or whipped vanilla cream)
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the orange rind and juice. Stir in the cinnamon, then add the bananas and cook for a few minutes, until softened.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Add the rum, set alight and stir gently to mix.
- Decorate with orange shreds and slices and serve immediately with cream, whipped cream or ice cream.