Please, please, say yes. Do you like vegetables? Please, please, say yes. Are you a vegetarian or a vegan? Please, please, say yes. Otherwise I see no sense in writing this recipe. Who would like it, make it, taste it? 😦 Me? Yeah, I forgot about myself. I like vegetables, I am sometimes a vegetarian, I like to cook, to eat and to write recipes. And I like to do that for you, who take the time to read my blog. For this I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Today I invite you to try a French recipe, from Carolyn Humphries, ‘Simply Stylish Meals in 15 Minutes’, 1999. So, have you got 15 minutes? If so, here we go:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 small aubergine (eggplant), sliced
- 3 courgettes, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green (bell) peppers, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) dried oregano
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) tomato purée (paste)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) red wine or water
- Put the prepared vegetables in a large pan with the olive oil. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the oregano, seasoning and the tomato purée blended with the wine or water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender.
- Serve with buttered pasta and grated Parmesan cheese.