Another fish recipe! Borrring! ;)) Followed from “Cooking for Two”, 1996 de Richard Olney and Simon Wheeler. The good thing is that is the last one from this book. The rest are from other sources. :))
Crisp Pan-fried Fish With Anchovy Butter
- 4 small fish fillets
- plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp oil
- 50 g soft butter (please go with at least 80% fat butter)
- 3 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp chopped fresh basil
- Toss fish in flour, shake away excess flour, dip fish in combined egg and cream.
- Heat oil in pan, add fish, cook until browned and crisp; drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve with anchovy butter and green salad, if desired. Serve with shoestring potatoes.
Method for anchovy butter:
- Combine butter, anchovies, garlic and basil in bowl; mixx well. Spoon mixture onto foil, shape into a log, roll up firmly. Refrigerate until firm.
Enjoy your meal!
- Butter can be made a day ahead.
- Storage: Covered, in refrigerator.
- Freeze: Butter suitable.
- Microwave: Not suitable.