Today, I am going to write about a simple yet stylish recipe, that is just right for a hot summer day. So keep it in mind when is hot outside. I got this from a book I keep mentioning here, “Good Housekeeping Cookery Book” – 1985. All you need is love, pasta, prawn and apples. You can find these in your heart, on the shelves of a supermarket and for the first thing you don’t need money. For the rest, well, you can always ask a friend or your neighbour or your mum. So, you need very little. 😉 Ready, steady, cook
Pasta, Prawn and Apple Salad
- 175 g (6 oz) pasta shells
- 150 ml (1/2 pint) unsweetened apple juice
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped fresh mint
- 5 ml (1 tsp) white wine vinegar (you can use fresh lemon juice instead)
- 225 g (8 oz) peeled prawns
- 2 crisp dessert apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- lettuce leaves
- paprika, to garnish
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 6-12 minutes until tender or according to the instructions. Drain well, rinse in cold running water and drain again.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Whisk together the apple juice, mint, vinegar and seasoning.
- Dry the prawns with absorbent kitchen paper. Quarter, core and roughly chop the apples. Stir the prawns, apple and cooked pasta into the dressing until well mixed. Cover tightly with cling film (or aluminium foil or just a lid for ecological purposes) and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Wash the lettuce leaves, dry and shred finely. Arrange the lettuce in a bowl and spoon the prawn salad on top. Sprinkle with paprika. Now, share the bowl and enjoy the food. x
Posted in Dishes, F word, Fish and Seafood, Italian, Salads
Tagged apple, apple salad, Good Housekeeping Cookery Book, italian recipe, mint, paprika, pasta, pasta prawn and apple salad, pasta prawn and apple salad recipe, pasta recipe, pasta salad, pasta shells, prawn, prawn recipe, prawn salad, salad, salad recipe, vinegar
I am not in the mood for writing anything today. That is why I will be short. The recipe I have chosen is a very tasty and fragrant one. It is that good that you will empty your plate at once. I bet on that. So let’s eat some
Tortellini With Mushroom Cream Sauce
Time: 18 min
- 185 g (6 oz) small mushrooms
- 1 small lemon
- 60 g (2 oz) butter ( you know already, 80-82 % fat)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300 ml (9 1/2 fl oz) cream
- black pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 500 g (1 lb ) cooked tortellini, drained and kept warm
- Slice the whole mushrooms finely. Grate the lemon rind finely. Melt the butter in a medium-sized pan and cook the mushrooms over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic, cream, lemon rind, freshly ground black pepper and nutmeg. Stir over low heat for 1-2 minutes. Stir through the grated Parmesan cheese and cook gently for 3 minutes further.
- Place the cooked tortellini in a warm serving dish. Add the sauce and stir gently to combine well. Serve immediately.
This dish is perfect, easy and sooo delicious. I picked it up from the cookbook “Confident Cooking – Classic Essential Pasta”, 1996. In case you have it, don’t look here! 😉
Posted in Dishes, English, F word, Italian, Vegetarian
Tagged butter, cheese, Confident Cooking - Classic Essential Pasta, cream, cream sauce, garlic, Italian food, italian recipe, lemon, mushroom, mushroom cream sauce recipe, nutmeg, parmesan, pasta recipe, sauce, tortellini, tortellini recipe, tortellini with mushroom cream sauce