Just kidding, dear friend. I just wanted to get your attention. Have I got it? Thanks, stay with me then. It is just an option, not an order. Uou might want to go away but then to return. I am still here.
Talking about vegetables, I am almost a vegetarian. But I admit I love meat, from time to time. And my favourite is pork. But then you knew that from the title. I have days when I just crave a barbecued, hot, succulent, fat pork chop. You understand what I mean. But today I will not talk about barbecue but about a very simple and quick recipe with pork. I love not only the meat in it but the sauce as well. For me it goes in an intimate and elegant setting. I tried it once, in my fave Olympic city, London. I got from “Quick Meals in Minutes”, 2001. I hope it will seem to you as simple as it seems to me.
Pork With Anchovy and Pine Nut Sauce
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (800 g) pork chops
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 medium tomato (190 g), seeded, chopped finely
- 45 g can anchovy fillets, drained, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry red wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 60 g butter, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (90 g) pine nuts
- Heat oil in medium frying pan. Cook pork until browned lightly and cooked through; remove pork from the pan.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, tomato and anchovies to pan; cook, stirring, until mushrooms are soft.
- Stir in wine, the water, sugar and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat, quickly stir in butter, parsley and nuts. Serve sauce over pork; accompany with salad, if desired.