Prawns With Asparagus
- 175 g/ 6 oz fresh asparagus, cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces
- 4 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 500 g/ 1 lb peeled prawns
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp finely chopped root ginger
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling salted water for 2 minutes; drain well and set aside.
- Mix the sherry and soy sauce together in a large bowl. Stir in the prawns and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok and quickly stir-fry the garlic, ginger and half the spring onions. Add the prawns and marinade, and the asparagus and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, until the ingredients are hot.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish and sprinkle with the remaining spring onions. Serve immediately.
Enjoy your meal!
Source: Sainsbury’s Stand-Up Cookbook: Wok Dishes”, 1985 by Caroline Ellwood