Today I would love to eat some homemade biscuits. I will not cook them though as I am not in the mood. Would there anyone make them for me? Mum? Anyone? Lol. At least I can describe the way I make them. With love, of course. This is the main ingredient. I am afraid I didn’t write down on the printed recipe, the name of the book I took it from. If anyone knows it, please, write to me. I am concentrating in visualising the biscuits. I made them a few times and I loved them every time. I could eat them all and because the recipe here gives me just a few, I double the ingredients and I have to my heart’s delight. Yummy! Here they are:
Soft biscotti with chocolate
Biscotti morbidi con cioccolata
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 250 g plain flour
- 65 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 100 g chocolate chunks or roughly chopped plain chocolate (use a good one, of at least 70% cocoa)
- 150 g pistachio nuts
- 100 g butter, softened
- 225 g unrefined golden caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/ 350˚F, gas mark 4.
- Grease a baking sheet with a little butter and dust lightly with a little of the flour.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, chocolate chunks and pistachio nuts in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat together the butter and caster sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat until well combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture until it forms a stiff dough. Place the dough on the baking sheet and press onto shape until it is 30 cm long and 10 cm wide.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean when you insert it into the biscotti. Remove and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Place on a wire rack and leave to cool to room temperature. Slice into thick fingers and serve with coffee or vin santo.